ehess: 015-02

015-02 If you are not reading on readerfeedertranslations.blogspot.com, you are supporting theft. Please read on readerfeeder original site only.

It had been years since Li Dong last caught a cold, so when he woke up the next morning feeling lightheaded and uncomfortable, he was surprised, but knew that he had caught a cold.If you are not reading on readerfeedertranslations.blogspot.com, you are supporting theft. Please read on readerfeeder original site only.

He instructed the maid at home to get some cold medicine for him, but even after taking the medicine, he was still too uncomfortable to fall back asleep.If you are not reading on readerfeedertranslations.blogspot.com, you are supporting theft. Please read on readerfeeder original site only.

It was incredibly embarrassing to be this sick too, as Li Dong found it hard to pronounce anything correctly because he was too congested. He had a runny nose, inflamed tonsils, and therefore a sore throat as well.If you are not reading on readerfeedertranslations.blogspot.com, you are supporting theft. Please read on readerfeeder original site only.

Suddenly, a call from Xingling came in. Li Dong picked up, and his voice shocked Xingling on the other side of the phone. “Second Young Master, what’s the matter with you? Do you have a cold?”


This cold must have came from when he was stuck with Xingling at the club that night. Li Dong had slept naked on the sofa for half the night.


“Mm, I do have a cold now. It’s quite uncomfortable.” Li Dong said with a deep and raspy voice. “You don’t have one too, do you?” Xu Xingling had also been naked all night, but he seemed fine. Could it have been because Xingling had been constantly moving around?


“I don’t have a cold. You sound pretty bad. Are you very sick? Have you taken medicine? Do you have anyone to take care of you at home?” Xu Xingling was extremely anxious now that he knew that Li Dong was sick. He was eager to rush to Li Dong’s side immediately to bring him water and tea. “Why don’t I come over to take care of you?”


This was a great opportunity to not only stick to Second Young Master for a bit longer, but Xingling could also get his address!


“No need. It’s just a cold.” Li Dong rejected. But he really was extremely uncomfortable with a stuffy nose, and so he didn’t want to talk for any longer. “Well, I’m not feeling well enough to talk for much longer. My head is beginning to hurt…”


“You don’t have a fever, right?” Xu Xingling said. “Quick, what’s your address? Even if I don’t need to stick around to take care of you, I can at least take you to the hospital to get an IV for hydration. You really can’t underestimate the common cold.”


“...Fine.” In all his years of life, Li Dong had never gone to the hospital for a mere cold, but now, he’s feeling as if his case was getting a bit severe. He was almost falling unconscious. “Hmm…”


“Second Young Master? Second Young Master!” Xu Xingling’s voice grew anxious as he called out, and all his colleagues could hear his voice echoing from the bathroom where he was currently taking his call.


Xingling held his phone tightly and worriedly, and when he looked up, he saw the flattering smile of his colleague. “Xingling, you’re calling the Second Young Master?” This colleague was coincidentally one of the colleagues who had been at the dinner Li Dong had gone to with Xingling.


“...” Xingling was too worried about Li Dong to think much of anything else. He nodded absentmindedly and walked past the colleague out of the bathroom. The colleague was a bit put off seeing this. He watched Xingling’s back as he walked out. “Sucking up that badly, and still so arrogant, pfft-”


“Who’s sucking up?” Xia Bolun suddenly came out of the other stall. “Who was he calling just now?”


“You don’t know?” The colleague was surprised as he said, “Aren’t you close enough with Xingling to practically share clothes?”


“Who wants to share clothes with him? He’s the company’s new celebrity, and I’m just a random fart coming from nowhere.” Xia Bolun vented. “Stop stalling and quickly tell me, what gossip do you know?”


“It’s quite a big piece of gossip, too. The person he was calling just now was the Second Young Master of the Han family. Oh, no need to look that doubtful. It’s the second son of that Han family, yes. You’re that close to Xingling but even you didn’t know?”


Xia Bolun listened, and the more he listened the more jealous he felt. He felt as if his whole body was uncomfortable knowing this. How could Xingling do something like this?


No, I have to beat him if this is how he’s getting ahead in the company.


Meanwhile, Xingling was returning to his cubicle, but he was still extremely worried about Li Dong. Thinking about him, his thoughts inevitably turned toward Han Tianlin.


So, taking a risk, Xingling decided to send a text message to Tianlin: “Young Master, Second Young Master is extremely sick with a cold and a fever, which seems to be getting very severe. Can you tell me his address so that I can go over to take care of him?” 


Out of his worry for Li Dong, Xingling didn’t think too much about potential consequences of contacting Tianlin again right now. He was reaching out for something related to Li Dong this time, without any other motives in his heart.


As Xingling anxiously waited for a reply, he sat in his chair and leaned back, ignoring his work.


“Hey Xingling? So relaxed? Have you already finished revising the draft?” Xia Bolun walked over to see this scene of Xingling reclining back and watching his phone. “What’s going on? Whose call are you waiting for?”


It can’t be Han Second Young Master again, could it?


“I’m not waiting for anyone’s call.” Xu Xingling’s extremely anxious now, so how could he be in a mood to sit around and chat with Xia Bolun? He’s being curt out of hopes that Xia Bolun would get the message and go back to his station to do his own work as soon as possible. “Aren’t you even more relaxed if you’re over here chatting with me?”


Xia Bolun was jealous of Xingling, but instead of using that feeling to power him to work harder, he just complained.


“I don’t have too much work, so of course I’m free.” Xia Bolun changed the subject and stopped beating around the bush. “Hey Xingling, are you keeping any secrets from me?”


Xu Xingling was amused as he said, “What secret? I have a lot of secrets. Not only do I hide them from you, I don’t even tell them to my parents.” So, who are you to ask about my secrets?


“You and your nasty temper. Even if you don’t tell me, I already know.” Xia Bolun whispered in a low voice, “Isn’t it just Han Second Young Master?”


“Tsk tsk. You heard this from Xiao Liu, didn’t you? That’s not even a secret.” Xu Xingling said. “Yup, Second Young Master and I are friends, so what?”


“Just simple friends?” Xia Bolun raised his eyebrows.


Xu Xingling looked at Xia Bolun as if he were stupid and said, “Of course we’re merely friends. The general manager is his mother and also my boss who’s surveilling everything. How could we be anything but pure friends?” Then, Xingling turned away. “Why did you ask me that? Are they spreading rumors about Second Young Master? I would definitely tell Second Young Master. He would never let them get away with it.”


Xia Bolun didn’t dare tell on anyone, so he just continued to question, “How is your friendship with Second Young Master? Are you guys good friends?” But why does he still think it’s extremely unlikely that they’re just normal friends, and Xingling’s trying to trick him right now?


“It’s okay.” Xingling received a text message at this time. He suddenly stood up happily and moved to leave. “Second Young Master has a cold, so I’m going over to visit him. Could you tell my supervisor that? I’m going to ask for leave. Bye!”


“...” Xia Bolun could only watch as Xingling packed up his things quickly into his bag… which Xia Bolun only now noticed was new. In fact, it was the newly released bag from an extremely expensive brand.


“You changed to a new bag? You’re so rich now?” And it looks to be a genuine piece too. This couldn’t cost less than several hundred dollars.


“I bought it yesterday, and it cost quite a bit. Just about thirty thousand, actually. My heart hurts just thinking about all that money.” Xingling was already walking towards the door. “Hey, I won’t linger and chat with you anymore, I’m in a bit of a hurry right now.”


Thirty thousand…


Xia Bolun thought it was three hundred at most, but Xingling could now afford to dump thirty thousand on one bag?



translator notes:


i'm trying to decide on a new novel to pick up, but am having trouble. i'm thinking of finding another yaoi? transmigration? maybe with a system this time? ;p comment any thoughts, and sponsor me a coffee if you can! love you!


PREVIOUS   TOC   NEXT 


Comments

  1. I'm facepalmed when to see ML told how much he buy the bag. Boy, are you doesn't know it's expensive?? It's makes people suspicious how you can buy that bag 😒

    I'm read to much annoying white lotus in another novels, it's make me thinking ML doing it on purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the translations (人 •͈á´—•͈)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for translating this novel and I rlly enjoyed reading this,

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’ve read to chapter 19 now and I have some thoughts on something I hope happens before this arc ends. I’m frustrated with the casual attitude of the MC (did he not also lose his virginity??), but even moreso with the other characters. MC wanted to scold the protagonists before he entered the book and I hope he finally gets frustrated and does it. I’m tired of seeing the bro talk up his younger brother’s white moonlight in his thoughts everytime we get a glimpse of his POV when he interacts with the shou. He is always comparing how the white moonlight is better. Is it his brother’s white moonlight or is it his white moonlight?!?! So I’m really looking forward to him getting straightened out. I’ve even thought out what the conversation might be.

    *brolo casually answers call from MC*
    MC: Hey, can you stop pushing men on to me? The first one is clingy enough to take up all my time, ok?!
    Bro: That slutty chicken is not good enough for my brother.
    MC: That’s for me to decide. Anyway, I wanted to make it clear that I don’t like that Chen-whatever anymore.
    Bro: ?!?!?!? Since when? Why? He’s so good.
    MC: If you like him so much, you can date him.
    Bro: You like that slutty chicken that much?
    MC: I can’t?
    Bro: *can’t bring himself to keep talking about the little shou*…Why do you no longer like brother Chen?
    MC: *tries to find an explanation that would fit character* …When I met Xingling do you know what I thought watching him degrade himself for you? You won’t guess it. I saw in him the self that had one-sidely pined after your ‘Brother Chen’. I felt such disgust, not for Xingling, but for myself. At first, I just wanted to see how far he would go out of his feelings for you. Let me tell you brother, he didn’t treat himself as a person at all. Watching him was like watching me, and it made for a very ugly picture in the mirror. I wanted to help him stand up on his own and be more confident. He has a lot of good points if you ignore his obsession with you. Anyway you didn’t want his sincere feelings and your ‘Brother Chen’ didn’t want mine. Why couldn’t I try to move on while helping Xingling? Brother, the Xingling you threw away is… my redemption.
    Bro: Why does it have to be him??? That slut-
    MC: Enough! Looking down on Xingling is like looking down on me. Don’t you understand yet? You keep calling him a slutty chicken, but he was just a lonely and thirsty virgin before you pushed him to me. Brother, I love you, but you are the person least qualified person to call him slutty. He just has a coquettish clingy straightforward personality. You probably answered this call b***’s deep in some woman. Xingling acted like that towards you because he didn’t know how else to express his gratitude and admiration for you. It’s not like you ever saw him acting like that towards others right???
    Bro: … *feeling complex*
    MC: …He is afraid of you now and won’t approach you again. I’m happy with him, so please stop provoking our relationship.
    Bro: Relationship? You’re serious? You want to actually date him?!
    MC: …You do realize he’s not an object even if you threw him away like an unwanted toy, right? I kept myself clean for so many years before I met Xingling and you know how clingy he is. I frankly don’t have enough time or interest to sleep or date with anyone else.
    Bro: …But he’s so annoying.
    MC: Haven't you been listening to what I said so far?! It’s a happy trouble. I still don’t like when he goes full coquettish, but he has calmed down a lot and I’m starting to think he’s actually quite cute. So brother…
    Bro: *still shook at annoying clingy little shou being called ‘cute’* …yes?
    MC: Stop sending me men!
    *hangs up*

    ReplyDelete
  5. He's so naive he actually thinks everyone will just believe they have an innocent friendship lol. I hated that he texted tianlin but at least It was only for li dong.
    I hate how they all immediately believe he got his job through connections, when he,nor the Hans apparently have ever shown to actually know each other or give him preferential treatment. I hate xia bolun, who cares if his rich friend spoils him? Non of your business. I kniw if I had so much money like that I would spoil everyone I care for. Especially if they don't have that luxery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Personally like the ML I've never read of an ML like this before so it's very fun! Thank you for translating!!! I also really like li dong and xinglings interactions jejejje.
    (ノ∀`♥)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Idk I love xingling honestly :p
    Thank you for the translationa!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope this comes back someday!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts