ehess: 010-01

010-01

After talking to a good friend on the phone, Xu Xingling's mood was a little better. His voice was hoarse as he said to Xiaozhen, "I feel so terrible right now. Go shopping with me tomorrow? Let’s go clothes shopping tomorrow."


"Aren’t you dirt poor?" As his best friend, Qian Xiaozhen knows all about Xu Xingling's economic situation. If you are not reading this on readerfeeder.blogspot.com, this is stolen work.

This guy just blew a lot of money on all kinds of equipment in order to attract men. How could he still have money to buy any new clothes?


"Yeah, but Second Young Master left me a few thousand when he left just now... Let me see how much there is." Xu Xingling put the call on speakerphone and placed the phone onto the bed. He began swiping through the stack of bills, counting carefully. "One, two, three, four..."


On the other side of the call: "..." This inconsiderate bastard.


However, Qian Xiaozhen is also very curious about how much Second Young Master had given Xingling as breakup compensation.


Soon he heard Xu Xingling say: "I counted 3,700 yuan in total. I plan to spend 2,000 yuan on a coat. The rest I’ll save for food. I’ll be careful not to spend too much."


Qian Xiaozhen didn’t even know what to say. There’s three thousand seven hundred dollars, and two thousand are spent on a coat. Careful not to spend too much??! If you are not reading this on readerfeeder.blogspot.com, this is stolen work.

Moreover, Second Young Master, a dignified and powerful young master, gave only three thousand seven hundred as breakup compensation money? It’s way too stingy.


Xiaozhen cleared his throat immediately and said, "Xingling, are you planning to accept the money?" Didn’t Second Young Master send way too little? Xingling was so beautiful and a virgin too; had he been worth just that much?


Xu Xingling: "Why wouldn’t I take it? Second Young Master gave it to me, so I’ll go shopping this weekend with it!" Second Young Master had also given Xingling permission to find him after thinking things through, as well. Remembering this, Xingling’s mood suddenly brightened up.


"You are worth just three thousand and seven hundred yuan? Sleeping with you once is worth just one thousand eight hundred fifty yuan?" Qian Xiaozhen sounded exasperated. "It’s not that I think of you this way, Xingling, but you’re making yourself so cheap."


"What are you talking about??? Is bedding me really something that can be quantified using money?" Xu Xingling rolled his eyes, saying, "I told Second Young Master from the beginning already, that even if he doesn’t give me a cent, I’d still go to bed with him." …And that he’d be waiting and willing anytime Li Dong wants, at all times.


"Sure..." Qian Xiaozhen found himself at a loss for words yet again. He didn't want to interfere with Xu Xingling's emotional state and lifestyle too much. "Well, since you just got gifted so much money, why not take five hundred yuan to invite me out to lunch tomorrow, otherwise I won't go shopping with you"


"Damn, are you really my friend? I only have one thousand and seven remaining for my living expenses, and you want to extort me of five hundred just like that?" Xu Xingling said, in pain. That five hundred yuan could cover Xingling’s food expenses for several days.


Qian Xiaozhen said, "Then just buy a coat that costs 1,500 yuan instead of 2,000. Do you really need to spend two thousand on a coat? You aren’t a rich second-gen; there really is no reason for you to dress that fancy. This is why your living expenses aren’t enough, not because of your low salary.”


Seriously, Xingling has zero money management skills.


"Then, you also don’t have to spend five hundred yuan just on a single meal...” Xu Xingling muttered, feeling very annoyed: "Alright, forget it, if you want to spend five hundred on one meal then just spend it. I’m hanging up now."


"Why are you in such a hurry? Are you off to pester Second Young Master again?" Qian Xiaozhen was quite jealous; he also wanted to feed off of the rich and the generous.


"Of course, how can I achieve my goals without hard work?" Xu Xingling said: "Okay, I’m really hanging up now."


After ending the call with his gay best friend, he zoned out a bit while holding his phone, contemplating the best way to reach out to Li Dong again right now.


After stressing over how to word his message, XIngling finally sent a WeChat message: "[Little Sun Emoji] Second Young Master, are you back home?"


Xu Xingling figured that Li Dong probably wouldn’t go out and find someone else after just leaving him. He was most likely at home relaxing… or at a bar drinking leisurely… or maintaining himself at the gym.


Anyway, it is impossible for him to bed others… right?


But what if he does?


(translator notes: sorry for the interruption. i just need to: xingling- IT’S NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS IF HE BEDS SOMEONE ELSE GET A FREAKING CLUE.)


There’s no way.


No way!


Xu Xingling suddenly burst into tears again. He was just crying and crying and crying some more. He stared at the screen of his phone praying in his heart: Come back to me already, you meanie Second Young Master. Stop making me so anxious!


But of course, Li Dong didn’t bother granting him a reply until dawn.


It's not that he didn't see Xingling’s message, but Li Dong had made up his mind to teach this stupid man a lesson so that Xingling would consciously try to change a little.


It would definitely be ideal for Xingling to figure out his flaws and take the initiative to change himself, so Li Dong refrained from responding to his messages and answering his calls.




translator notes:

sorry guys. i just burnt out and had no motivation to do anything for the past few days. my update schedule is basically nonexistent by this point, but I promise I won't be dropping this novel, and there will be at least one chapter per week.

i spent the past few days applying to summer jobs, but they all rejected me after the interview after hearing that I've never had a paid position before. like, I'm sorry but- why do you think i'm applying to an entry level job??? to show off my existing experience? in an entry level job?

the system is broken you guys. I'm broke too. help.

 PREVIOUS   TOC   NEXT 

Comments

  1. Why wouldn't he sleep with someone else, you're his plaything not his lover!
    Now I know why I can't be a fashion designer ever, good food comes before clothes!
    Thank you for the chapter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. About a job- if this your fisrt time applying I guess you'r pretty young, so let me give you the same advice I gave my cousin.
    You don't say you don't have experience. If it's a job with kids, you have experience from the time you did babysitter.
    Job in a store: tell about that time you helped your aunt in the register.
    In high school age, experience means 'I did some similar things before'.
    Say that you'r a fast learner and is willing to work whenever they need.
    That said, know your worth. Don't work without first signing paper!! People love to take advantage on young people (sadly, I experienced that).
    Good luck:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every chapter I'm like, can the author make Xingling any more unlikeable? So far the answer has surprised me every time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't worry just keep applying, apply in every website you can find or just go in person, after an interview send something nice in Gmail, I just got a job after applying for months, and my friends are also getting them, so don't worry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everyone just needed some chillax time, relax.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 3,700 is cheap, but it's better than -3700 which is apparently what Li Dong's virginity is worth.

    "But of course, Li Dong didn’t bother granting him a reply until dawn."

    Wait he still replied? Hahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  7. this male lead is so shameless I would dump him in a second lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. I guess controversial opinion...... buut I actually like xingling 😭. But he frustrates the fuck out of me lol. Like I feel (maybe I'm wrong) that li dong is also sort of using him too. And he has acted like they're together or in the start of a relationship. Like if he was just a plaything why text him every day and go along with a lot of his whims.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts